- This training has passed.
Workplace Mental Health Accommodations
November 27, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm EST$175.00
Gain an understanding of the complexities of managing and accommodating mental health in the workplace. Learn what constitutes mental health and mental illness and how it can affect an individual’s ability to perform their tasks at work. Learn about recently implemented legislation that has a bearing on workplace mental health accommodations. Be introduced to an accommodation process, as well as tools and tips, that will help you build communication, trust and cooperation so that you might support an individual to work at their optimum.
By completing this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
- How to differentiate between mental health and mental illness
- How to define the role of manager and employee as it relates to workplace accommodation
- How to build awareness of employment legislation that impacts accommodation needs and requirements
- How to create an accommodation process that is built on trust, fairness and respect
- How to identify the actions needed to prepare for, and manage, accommodation requests while building and maintaining respectful employee relations
Who should attend this workshop
The Mental Health & Accommodations workshop is designed for anyone who is involved in supporting employees and their work performance. Team leaders, managers/supervisors, union representatives, human resource managers, educators, and consultants will all benefit from this workshop.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
- High quality instruction by a Document Accessibility Specialist
- Small class size (maximum 20 participants)
- A Step-by-Step Reference Guide
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- A chance to network with other professionals
- Official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn, Facebook or your resume)
Accommodations are available upon request.