- This training has passed.
Strategies for Website Accessibility
July 19, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT$250.00
This virtual training provides a technical explanation of how to create accessible website content. Web developers will come away with a deep understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, the AODA requirements for website accessibility, and how to achieve WCAG 2.1 conformance.
This training is ideal for those who have already taken the Introduction to Website Accessibility workshop/webinar, or those who already have some familiarity with digital accessibility concepts.
By completing this virtual training, participants will:
- Gain an in depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 structure: Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria
- Become familiar with established techniques for meeting WCAG conformance
- Get an introduction to WAI ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Application) markup
- Learn about tools and resources for creating accessible content
Knowledgeable presenter who gave specific mark-up examples and was able to answer questions.
Great practical advice! Easy to understand concepts.
The de-mystifying of WCAG was very helpful!
Just right for getting the basics. Perfect length and content.
Prerequisite: Some basic knowledge of HTML is required for this course.
Accommodations available upon request.