- This training has passed.
New in Website Accessibility – WCAG 2.1 and Beyond
July 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT$75.00
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) continue to evolve and progress. In June 2018, the World Wide Web Consortium issued an expanded version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”) 2.0, adding 17 new success criteria. The new criteria, called the WCAG 2.1, is an extension of the WCAG 2.0 standards and updates include ones relating to mobile devices; disabilities that affect vision, such as low vision; and disabilities that affect cognitive function, such as attention deficit disorder and age-related cognitive decline.
This 60-minute webinar will cover the recent changes to the WCAG, including those that have come after the release of WCAG 2.1, and outline the aspects that will and will not change as a result of this refresh. Participants will gain knowledge about the goals of the new standard and the 17 new success criteria that have been added to the standard to support these goals.
It was very informative and provided better understanding of the changes. Thank you!
By completing this webinar, participants will:
- Learn about the overarching goals of WCAG 2.1
- Understand the process behind the development of the new standard
- Learn about the 17 new success criteria in the WCAG 2.1
- Receive information about plans to integrate WCAG 2.1 into legislation internationally.
- Learn about the proposed changes in the latest update – WCAG 2.2
Great presentation as always. 🙂
Accommodations available upon request.