- This training has passed.
Auditing Your Website for Accessibility
June 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$195.00
This hands-on virtual training will give participants the knowledge and tools required to gauge the accessibility of web content. The session will take an applied look at Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) by explaining how to assess and implement each web accessibility success-criterion. The training includes a hands-on exercise where participants will get a chance to review a website or document against WCAG 2.0.
By completing this training, participants will:
- Gain an in depth understanding of WCAG 2.0 Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria from a testing perspective
- Be able to identify testable criteria for web accessibility
- Use testing methods such as operating a site with a screen reader and testing for alternative control navigation
- Become familiar with testing tools and resources
Excellent workshop! Handy checklist and helpful information to understand WCAG.
This workshop is appropriate for Communication Specialists, IT Managers, Web Developers, and Marketing Managers.
Participants will be given a digital website accessibility audit checklist and list of testing tools.
Having taken the “Auditing your Website for Accessibility ” training, I feel far more confident in helping our clients navigate and fulfill the AODA web accessibility requirements.
Some basic knowledge of HTML is required for this course. If you are not familiar with HTML, we recommend taking the free interactive online course on HTML. Details on this course will be sent with the webinar registration confirmation.
Accommodations available upon request.