- This training has passed.
Creating Accessible Video Content
October 4, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$125.00 – $250.00
Video is one of the most common ways we engage with content online, and making your video content accessible is crucial for reaching more people.
- 91.8% of all internet users watch online videos weekly.
- For 66% of people, video is their primary source of information.
- 96% of people choose a video to learn about a product or service.
- As of 2023, people spend 17 hours a week watching videos online.
This 90-minute webinar will give you the tips and best practices to ensure your YouTube and other web-based videos are accessible and meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Participants will learn how to caption in a way that provides optimal comprehension while meeting legal compliance, get a step-by-step walk through of the YouTube captioning editor, learn about descriptive transcripts and described audio, and review considerations for choosing an accessible video player.
Excellent examples and a very knowledgeable instructor. Kudos!
The presentation helped me understand multiple ways to upload captions and various alternative formats besides closed captions. Thank you!
What You Will Walk Away With
At the end of this 90-minute webinar, participants will understand:
- WCAG requirements for videos
- Captioning basics and terminology
- YouTube captioning interface and process from video upload to publishing.
- Captioning best practices, including caption line length, parsing caption lines, non-speech information, and more.
- Descriptive transcripts
- Described audio
- Using visuals and text in video in an accessible way
- Video player accessibility
It was easy to follow, easily accessible and good information.
Thanks, very useful – I feel I got enough info to try myself!
Participants will be given a resource list.
Thanks that was great! Very useful.
Great inclusion of examples and references of modern day shows , such as Stranger Things, to bring relevancy to particular aspects discussed.
Participants can purchase access to the webinar recording. Access to the recording will be for 7 days following the live session.
The presenter was very knowledgeable, well-spoken and clear.
Very informative and helpful!
Learned some technical stuff I didn’t know. Sweeeet!