AODA Training (Individuals/Groups)
January 1, 2023 - January 1, 2053$40.00
Accessibility Services Canada launched an updated version of its AODA training in 2021, with new content and design to reflect the revisions to the AODA. This training is the most current on the market and can be used to meet your Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act training requirements.
Our online training is a time and cost effective way to meet your AODA responsibility to train all your staff and volunteers (don’t forget your Board Members!). This course is interactive and offers knowledge testing so that you can ensure that your staff and volunteers have not only met the AODA training requirement but thought about how to apply accessibility best practices to their own job.
Each person that requires training must have their own seat in the course. Discounts apply the more seats you purchase. Extra seats purchased will be held in reserve for up to one year. Discounts appear in the Checkout.
- Introduction to the AODA
- Review of the five AODA Standards (Customer Service; Information and Communications; Employment; Design of Public Spaces; and the Transportation Standards). The last two standards will only be mentioned briefly and the emphasis of our training is on the first two standards.
- Ontario Human Rights, as it relates to persons with disabilities
- Benefits of accessibility and Ontario statistics
- Types of disabilities
- Ways to communicate with people with different types of disabilities
- Case studies
- Tips and best practices
- Accessibility resources
Reasons to Choose this Training:
“I was able to work through the course and found it to be quite intuitive, interesting and practical. “
“I just completed your AODA online course – in short, fantastic. Comprehensive and the quiz questions were good.”
- Interactive: Our interactive AODA training gives real-life examples of how to best provide accessible customer service, provides best practices in communicating with people with a variety of disabilities, and offers resources to learn more about the AODA and accessibility.
- Greater degree of impact: When your organization invests in staff training you want it to be impactful. Reading a workbook or static website is not going to engage your staff in the content. This dynamic online training has a cast of characters that bring the topic of accessibility to life.
- Easy: Requires only that you send in the names and email addresses of people who will take the course. Only one course to take, not multiple modules.
- Efficient: Participants will be able to take the course in less than 24 hours after you send us their names.
- Quick: The course takes 30-minutes and covers all the content required by the AODA.
- Thorough: There is a final quiz to ensure understanding of the content.
- Value Add: Participants will get a personalized Certificate of Completion by email.
- No administrative burden: Organization administrators can request a report of who has successfully completed the course and this can be kept as a record of the training. No need to track staff down to get confirmation that they have take the course!
- Economical: Costs for the course have been kept as low as possible. Consider buying “seats” for current and future training needs to get a better price.
- Once payment has been received, you will be asked to submit the name and email of each person to take the course. Each registered participant will receive an email with their unique login and password within 24 hours.
- Once registered in the course, participants can access the course content for up to thirty (30) days.
- Extra or undesignated seats (purchased for future staff/volunteers) will be held for up to one (1) year.
- The organization administrator can request a final report listing who has successfully completed the training. This can be used for your records and as proof should you be audited.
- The Accessibility Services Canada e-learning course is available online via our Learning Management System.
- Participants will receive their personalized Certificate of Completion by email, once they have successfully completed the course.
- Reports of staff training are available upon request.