- This training has passed.
Advanced Accessible InDesign (Level 2)
October 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
This hands-on, virtual training will focus on in-depth topics and using the more advanced features of InDesign to manipulate content and ensure your print file can be used and exported as an accessible document.
This course covers a collection of key concepts and tasks of laying out and fixing existing content using automation within InDesign. Participants will increase their proficiency of using InDesign at the same time, build accessible content.
With in-person Q&A and hands-on exercises, you will have the time to apply what you are learning and self-evaluate your understanding of this topic and address remediation issues you may have encountered.
During this training, participants will examine the following items:
- Using InDesign plugins (scripts) to check for accessible content
- Capitalize on using Object Styles to include accessible content
- Review complex tables and the table options
- Working with extra-long table content and tags
- Repair multiple and merged table cell tags in an exported PDF
- Using the Image Caption feature to obtain correct PDF tags
- Embedding and setting image metadata for export
- Setting up cross references in a large document
- Adding Footnotes and Endnotes – review of correct tag structure
- Obtaining the correct reading for decorative bullet icons
- Using the Acrobat Role Map to manipulate style tags
Participants will be given a handout with reference to the content covered in the training.
It is recommended to have taken the Accessible InDesign Level 1 workshop or have basic knowledge and comfortable creating accessible documents with InDesign and using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Adobe InDesign (current version preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (current version preferred)