- This training has passed.
Accessible Word Documents
January 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EST$395.00
This virtual training is designed to clearly explain how to create an accessible document using Microsoft Word. It will demonstrate converting documents to PDF format and examine the required structure for assistive technologies.
Through exercises and group discussions, participants will review the background and theory of accessibility and how it affects document creation; the necessary changes to their current workflow and processes; and how to layout content in documents for those with vision, motor and cognitive impairments.
Microsoft Word will be used to build an accessible document, followed by using Adobe Acrobat Professional DC to inspect any conversion issues or errors.
Best training I have ever had in a session! Ontario College of Teachers
I have taken a few training courses but this was by far the most in-depth and informative. Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
Very interesting! Wish I had learned this earlier in my career. Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
By completing this virtual training, participants will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of accessible word document creation
- Learn how to prepare all text content for accessibility
- Will prepare graphical content for accessibility
- Understand why navigation is important in a document
- Review who is using accessible documents and their needs
- Become familiar with content design best practices – the do’s and don’ts
- Understand the importance of using accessible fonts
- Learn about how to modify and create custom text styles
- Understanding colour blindness and the impact on graphic communications
- How to make graphic, WordArt and charts accessible
- Add custom bookmarks for navigation in their documents
- Review how to add descriptive file properties to a file
- Review the built-in accessibility checkers in both Microsoft and Acrobat
- And much more!
The way the instructor walked everyone through each step in an engaging and helpful way was great! Durham District School Board
Great trainer! Very hands-on and practical session. The handout and exercises will be a great reference going forward. Thank you! Waterfront Toronto
Participants will be given a handout with reference to the content covered including step-by-step procedures.
- Computer and computer mouse
- Microsoft Word 2016 or 2013
- Acrobat Professional Version DC or 11
This webinar was very helpful. I enjoyed the hands-on learning as well as being able to follow along with the trainer. The trainer answered all of our questions in a timely manner. Durham Catholic District School Board
- Please ensure that your Acrobat Professional (not Reader) has been installed correctly within your Microsoft Word application.
- We suggest you do any installations a day or two before the webinar to ensure it is working properly.
- MAC users are welcome but must have the newest version of Microsoft Office and Acrobat Professional DC
Great tips and tools to aid in the process of making docs accessible. Looking forward to Part 2! Niagara Parks Commission
Perfect! Met the level of accessibility training I need in my job and I learned a few new tricks. Ontario Government
INCLUDED IN THE VIRTUAL TRAINING:
- High quality instruction by a Document Accessibility Specialist
- A Step-by-Step Reference Guide
“I liked that you brought up the older version of Word, as that is what I am using.”