- This training has passed.
Accessible InDesign Content (Level 1)
March 22, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT$395.00
In this hands-on, virtual training we cover the essential topics of understanding and making accessible content in InDesign, followed up by using Acrobat Professional to review accessible tag content.
This hands-on training course is designed to address the best practices for designing in an abstract format, while at the same time creating linear accessible content, and how to design with accessibility in mind.
“Thank you for this training so far. It is awesome 🙂 so many features I never knew existed!”
During this training, participants will examine the following items:
- Review of what makes a document accessible
- Understanding your audience and assistive technology
- Workflow to making a document more accessible.
- What formatting traps to avoid – print vs digital files
- Understand the importance of document structure
- Setting up an accessibility workspace
- Learn how to tag text for accessibility
- Writing alternative text or actual text for graphics
- Choosing accessible color combinations
- Anchoring content for proper export order
- Learn how to create tables for screen reader apps
- Setting proper tag and reading order
- Create bookmarks and a table of contents for PDFs
- Understand different export options for accessible PDFs
- Know how to add the required document Metadata
- Acrobat professional PDF review of tag structure
Participants will be given a handout with reference to the content covered in the training.
It is recommended to have basic knowledge and be comfortable creating documents with InDesign and using Adobe Acrobat Professional (not the Acrobat Reader).
- Adobe InDesign (current version preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (current version preferred)
“Your “Accessible InDesign and PDFs” training was fantastic! The facilitator’s training style was very enjoyable, giving practical exercises and useful tricks that will help us achieve accessibility on a variety of documents. I will strongly recommend this training to graphic designers and other creative minds who are searching for better ways to make accessible documents and visual communications
“Easy to follow and very informative!”
“Everything was explained very thoroughly and made easy to understand better with the tutorials.”
“The step by step tutorials was very thorough and well paced.”
“Clear instructions and helpful tips. Was a good beginner course into creating accessible documents.”
“I liked how the sections were broken up. It made everything more digestible, rather than one long lecture.”
Accommodations available upon request.