- This training has passed.
Hidden Mobility Disabilities
October 27, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
In this free 1-hour webinar we explore the access barriers faced by those with hidden mobility disabilities and options for addressing those barriers. Data from a June 2022 nationwide survey will be shared during the webinar to provide a picture of how HDM is affecting Canadians.
Research has defined hidden mobility disabilities (HMD) as being able to walk – but only for 35-50 feet – and being able to stand unsupported – but only for 1-2 minutes – without significant health consequences.
Topics addressed in this webinar include:
- Overview of hidden mobility disabilities
- Types of barriers experienced
- Common myths and misunderstandings
- Suggested accessibility guidelines
- Commonly asked questions
- Where to get more resources on HMD
Participants will also be given the opportunity to be part of a project on hidden mobility disabilities accessibility, funded by Accessibility Standards Canada.