It is more important than ever to invest in your own mental health and the mental well-being of your organization’s employees. The majority of Canadians are finding that the COVID-19 pandemic is having a negative impact on their mental health. 58% of Canadians report feeling overloaded by the multiple roles they are juggling while working from home. Stress over actual or potential job loss, economic collapse, and the upheaval of work and everyday life have all added to the general feeling of being overwhelmed.
Once this is over, will everything go back to ‘normal’? Experts say that there will be residual stress, depression, and financial pressures once this is over and that we can expect an ‘echo pandemic’ of mental illness following COVID-19.
Participants in this webinar will learn strategies for stress management, how to positively respond to change, and how to work productively from home while balancing the needs of home life and family commitments.
This webinar is delivered in a fun and engaging format. Take the morning to focus on your self-care. You deserve it!
Strategies to Work, and Live, Better
The first module of the morning is designed to help participants identify the causes of, and gain control over, workplace stress by building effective coping strategies to decrease the impact on their personal and professional lives. Participants will get practical tools to manage stress, improve work performance while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Participants will identify:
- The causes of stress.
- The most common signs of stress and anxiety.
- Unhealthy thought patterns that can increase stress and anxiety.
- Healthy coping strategies for improved workplace performance.
- Self-care options to support overall mental wellness.
Working from Home during a Pandemic
Working from home has been challenging for many of us. In the second module of the day we will share mental health strategies to promote well-being, as well as best practices for managing mental health while working from home.
- Share the positive and negative aspects of working from home.
- Identify practical strategies that facilitate working from home.
- Identify approaches that foster well-being during times of crisis.
- Get resources to maintain positive mental health.
Building Resiliency for Change
Our final module offers insight into the impact of change on your mental health. Learn about the characteristics of resiliency and how to incorporate strategies to improve and maintain your mental well-being.
Participants will identify:
- How change can have positive and negative effects on well-being.
- Unhealthy behaviours that are a sign of increased stress and anxiety.
- The characteristics of resiliency.
- Strategies to take back emotional control and learn to manage change effectively.
- Healthy coping strategies to build resiliency and minimize the impact of stress.
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR:
- A Certified Mental Health Trainer
- Mental health resources
- A chance to ask questions