In this free 1-hour webinar we explore the access barriers faced by those with hidden mobility disabilities and options for addressing those barriers.
Research has defined hidden mobility disabilities (HMD) as being able to walk – but only for 35-50 feet – and being able to stand unsupported – but only for 1-2 minutes – without significant health consequences.
Topics addressed in this webinar include:
- Overview of hidden mobility disabilities
- Types of barriers experienced
- Common myths and misunderstandings
- Suggested accessibility guidelines
- Commonly asked questions
- Where to get more resources on HMD
Participants will also be given the opportunity to be part of a project on hidden mobility disabilities accessibility, funded by Accessibility Standards Canada.