Strategies for Website Accessibility
June 18, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
- Centre for Social Innovation (Regent Park)
- 585 Dundas St East, 3rd floor
Toronto, Ontario M5A 2B7 Canada
This workshop provides a technical explanation of how to create and maintain an accessible website. Web developers will come away with a deep understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, the AODA requirements for website accessibility, and how to achieve WCAG 2.1 conformance.
Topics covered include:
- WCAG 2.1: In-depth overview of Guidelines and Techniques
- WCAG 2.1 Success Criteria: how to achieve conformance
- Introduction to accessibility evaluation
- Tool support for WCAG 2.1
- Additional guidance and tips
Participants will be given a handout listing website accessibility tools and other key references.
Interactive discussions and examples. A great workshop!
Knowledgeable presenter who gave specific mark-up examples and was able to answer questions.
Great practical advice! Easy to understand concepts.
The de-mystifiying of WCAG was very helpful!
Just right for getting the basics. Perfect length and content.
Prerequisite: Some basic knowledge of HTML is required for this course.
I really liked the amount of content covered and the use of visual examples to see how the content relates to real, live websites.
The workshop opened my eyes to the importance of accessibility issues.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP: