InDesign Layout Best Practices
July 21, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
This short and concise webinar will explore the reasons why InDesign documents used for printing are not always easy to convert into accessible documents. Print solutions used when laying out content inside an InDesign file can create unnecessary obstacles. It is time to break those old print layout habits!
For InDesign documents to become accessible PDFs, content must not be laid out with the intention of being for print only and many frequently used keyboard shortcuts must be avoided.
This webinar will review the common pitfalls to avoid and the best practices to implement for increased accessibility.
“Very informative and clear information presented in a brief period.”
- The outcomes of using everyday quick keyboard shortcuts
- Layout structure for print compared to digital accessibility
- Integrating Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Use of external and online fonts
- Master page elements and conditions surrounding them
- And more!
Note: This presentation does not include instruction on how to use features of the InDesign software program. Please refer to our “How to Make Accessible InDesign Documents” webinar coming up.
What You Will Walk Away With:
- High quality instruction by a veteran InDesign user and trainer
- Firsthand knowledge from a Document Accessibility Specialist
- Chance to ask your questions
Optional Webinar Recording: Participants have the option of purchasing access to the webinar recording for 7 days following the live event.