Accessible InDesign Content
August 23, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
In this webinar, you will see the techniques and processes required to make accessible content in InDesign, followed up by reviewing the content in Acrobat Professional. The core InDesign concepts of text formatting, graphics and working with both the reading order and accessible tag features will be reviewed.
This short webinar is designed to directly address the best practices for designing in an abstract format, at the same time creating linear accessible content.
Topics covered include:
- What makes a PDF become accessible
- How to tag content text for PDF export
- How and why to apply Alternative text
- How to set table headers
- How to set document language
- Anchoring content for proper export order
- Proper order and flow for assistive technology
- Accessible bookmarks and a table of contents
- How to hide content from screen reading technology
- Applying a language setting within InDesign
- How to add the required file information
The overall aim of this webinar is to equip document creators with knowledge of specific program features that will ensure accessible content in their document.
Completion of this module will provide the user with a foundational understanding of Accessible InDesign file creation.
Note: If you or your team require more in-depth training and want to dive deeper into accessible content layout, please review the “Accessible InDesign Documents Training” full-day workshop which includes quizzes, practice files, handouts, and the ability to ask questions.