How to Evaluate Your Website’s Accessibility
November 5, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
- Centre for Social Innovation (Regent Park)
- 585 Dundas St East, 3rd floor
Toronto, Ontario M5A 2B7 Canada + Google Map
This hands-on workshop will give participants the knowledge and tools required to gauge the accessibility of web content. The session will take an applied look at Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) by explaining how to assess and implement each web accessibility success-criterion. The workshop includes a hands-on exercise where participants will get a chance to review a website or document against WCAG 2.1.
By completing this workshop, participants will:
- Gain an in depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria from a testing perspective
- Be able to identify testable criteria for web accessibility
- Use testing methods such as operating a site with a screen reader and testing for alternative control navigation
- Become familiar with testing tools and resources
This workshop is appropriate for Communication Specialists, IT Managers, Web Developers, and Marketing Managers.
Participants will be given a digital website accessibility audit checklist and list of testing tools.
Participants are encouraged to take our 1-hour “Introduction to Website Accessibility” webinar as it reviews content upon which this workshop builds.
Some basic knowledge of HTML is required for this course. If you are not familiar with HTML, we recommend taking the free interactive online course on HTML. Details on this course will be sent with the workshop registration confirmation.
Laptop computers and headphones are needed in order to participate in the hands-on exercise.
Programs will need to be loaded on to participants’ computers for the exercises. Contact Accessibility Services Canada if you need your IT department to do this ahead of time.
Excellent workshop! Handy checklist and helpful information to understand WCAG.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
Accommodations available upon request.