Checking Document Accessibility
September 8, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
This one-hour webinar will review the most commonly used accessibility checkers currently available in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and the online PDF Accessibility Checker, as well as assistive technology checkers and human inspection requirements.
By completing this webinar, participants will:
- Understand what a checker does and the limitations of checkers
- Learn the differences between common accessibility checkers and their compliancy rates
- Review the steps to take with various checkers – internal (software) and external (eg.human inspection, colour contrast analyzers, assistive technology checkers, etc.)
- Identify and fix potential problematic errors and warnings
- Learn when “human inspections” are required and how to do them
- The 3 steps that a PDF must pass in order to confirmed as accessible and PDF/UA compliant
The instructor will demonstration each of the checkers and how they work.
Who should attend?
This webinar is ideal for those who have already completed the Accessibility Services Canada workshops on accessible content and layout creation in the following programs: InDesign, Microsoft Word and Acrobat Content.
Included in the Webinar:
- High quality instruction by a Document Accessibility Specialist
- Resources about PDF/UA
- A chance to ask questions
Optional Webinar Recording: Participants have the option of purchasing access to the webinar recording for 7 days following the live event.
Accommodations available upon request.