Advanced Accessible InDesign (Level 2)
April 22, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
In this hands-on, virtual training we cover more advanced in-depth topics of working and reformatting content so it can become accessible, followed up by using Acrobat Professional for testing and tag review. This is Level 2 of our Accessible InDesign training.
This course covers a collection of key concepts and tasks of laying out and fixing content and some clever workarounds to ensure a better end user experience with assistive technologies (ATs).
With in-person Q&A and hands-on exercises, you will have the time to self-evaluate your understanding of this topic and address remediation issues you may have encountered.
During this training, participants will examine the following items:
- Complex multi-page table formatting
- Multiple and merged table cells
- Using Image Caption feature
- Setting up cross references in a large document
- Working with drawn and grouped items
- Adding Footnotes and Endnotes
- The use of layers for accessible content
- Creative icon bullets and multi-level lists
- Object styles with built in accessibility
- Adding Form Fields and Buttons
- Setting Tab order for form content
Participants will be given a handout with reference to the content covered which includes step-by-step instruction.
It is recommended to have some basic knowledge of using and creating documents with InDesign and is comfortable using Acrobat Professional.
- Laptop and a Computer Mouse
- Adobe InDesign (current version preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (current version preferred)