Accessible Word Documents 101
February 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
This webinar has been designed specifically for those with limited time but who understand the need to make documents accessible.
This webinar will teach you the steps required to make a Word document accessible. You will gain an understanding of the importance of using Microsoft Word’s already built-in features to assist you in making content accessible to everyone in your organization and on the internet.
What you will walk away with
At the end of this webinar, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- How to prepare simple text content for accessibility
- How to prepare graphical content for accessibility
- Why navigation is important in a document
- What is reading order and why is it important
Who should attend this webinar
Anyone who is using Microsoft Word to create digital documents. This would include any Executives, Directors or Managers, Communication or Accessibility Coordinators, Website Content Managers and Administrative Staff. Everyone!
We suggest that all participants first take our 1-hour “Introduction to Document Accessibility” webinar being held on February 12th to understand some of the basic principles of document accessibility.
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR:
This is a live event only and no recordings will be made available. There will be a 15 minute break half way through.
Text Elements and Navigation
This section will review the best practices and the implications of formatting text for Assistive Technologies. It will also include a review of the importance of page navigation. Topics covered include:
- Simple text formatting for accessibility
- Page structure and content order
- Setting logical reading order
- Proper list structures
- Adding bookmarks for easy navigation
Graphical Content Accessibility Checker
This section emphasizes how to apply accessibility settings for any graphical content and how to review the accessibility checker. Topics include:
- Writing descriptive text for Images, logos and smart art
- Positioning graphical content in line with other page items
- How to set language settings
- Review of the Microsoft Accessibility Checker
Software used during presentation
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Acrobat Professional DC
Accommodations available upon request.