Accessible InDesign Documents Training
October 13, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
In this hands-on, virtual training we cover in depth topics of making accessible content in InDesign, followed up by using Acrobat Professional. This course covers the core InDesign concepts of text formatting, graphics and working with navigational and digital device reflow features to include all users who require an accessible PDF.
This hands-on training course is designed to address the best practices for designing in an abstract format at the same time creating linear accessible content; and how to design with accessibility in mind.
By completing this virtual training, participants will:
- Learn why and how to break old print design behaviours
- Understand the importance of document structure
- Learn how to tag text for PDF export
- Know how to set document language
- Tag and review complicated graphics and diagrams
- Anchoring content for proper export order
- Learn how to prepare Master Page items
- Understand how to create tables for screen readers
- Recognize proper order and flow for assistive technology
- Know how to create accessible bookmarks and a table of contents
- Understand the different types of assistive technology and audiences
- Understand different export options for accessible PDFs
- How to hide content from screen reading technology
- Applying a language setting within InDesign
- Know how to add the required Metadata
- How to test and tweak PDF files for accessibility
Participants will be given a handout with reference to the content covered including step-by-step procedures.
It is recommended to have some basic knowledge of using and creating documents with InDesign and is comfortable using Acrobat professional.
- Laptop and a Computer Mouse
- Adobe InDesign CS6 or CC
- Acrobat Professional Version DC or 11
“Your “Accessible InDesign and PDFs” training was fantastic! The facilitator’s training style was very enjoyable, giving practical exercises and useful tricks that will help us achieve accessibility on a variety of documents. I will strongly recommend this training to graphic designers and other creative minds who are searching for better ways to make accessible documents and visual communications
Easy to follow and very informative!