Tips and best practices
The international standards for website accessibility, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, has specific criteria about what , and how, content is posted to the web so that it is made accessible. This 2.5 hour non-technical training is a deep dive into how to create and post content that is accessible.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding what accessible content is
- Overview to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- WCAG Criteria and accessible content
- Accessible visual design on the web: fonts, colours, images, spacing
- Creating content, including video captions
- Accessible add-ons and their limitations
- Considerations for accessible alt text
- Accessibility overlays
HTML knowledge is not required.